News 13’s Dynamite Dad Contest 2013
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides services to television broadcast station WLOS (the Station), WMYA, Smart Home Products of the Carolinas, Edible Arrangements, Carmen!Carmen! Salon & Spa, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log onto WLOS.com to enter. Click on the Dynamite Dad contest page under the Contest Link. Fill in your name, nominees name, address, phone number, and birth date in the provided areas and tell us in 100 words or less why your dad deserves to be News 13s Dynamite Dad in the provided area, and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on May 20, 2013, and ends on June 14, 2013. All entries must be received by Station by 11:59p.m. EDT on June 4, 2013 to qualify for the judging. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) On Wednesday June 5, 2013, three finalists will be selected by a panel of four (4) judges based on the following criterion: readability (25%), creativity (25%), compelling nature of story (25%), and on-air appeal (25%). Each of the finalists will be featured in a news story on News 13 at 6PM on June 10, 11, 12 or13, 2013. Then on Friday June 14, 2013, one winner will be selected by a panel of four (4) judges based on the following criterion: compelling nature of story (50%) and on-air appeal (50%). Entrants acknowledge that only the winner mom will be eligible to receive a prize. The entrant shall not receive the prize.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. The grand prize winner will receive a medium sized Primo Grill valued at nine hundred dollars ($900), a fruit arrangement from Edible Arrangement valued at sixty dollars ($60) and a Fathers Day Massage Package from Carmen!Carmen! Salon & Spa valued at one hundred fifty dollars ($150). The total value of the grand prize is one thousand one hundred ten dollars ($1,110). The remaining two finalists will each receive a fruit basket from Edible Arrangements valued at thirty dollars ($30).
2. Each finalist and grand prize winner will be notified by phone. The finalists and grand prize winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification. Before claiming prizes, finalists and winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The finalists and grand prize winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a finalist cannot be notified within 1 business day or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited and another finalist will be selected based on the entrant with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified with 1 business day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to the finalist with the next highest score as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
2. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by July 31, 2013.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Smart Home Products of the Carolinas, Edible Arrangements, Carmen! Carmen!, Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
7. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.