Facebook Fan of the Week Contest RulesWho Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident, 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area, and an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLOS-TV (the Station), WMYA, , Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate family includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address per week.
(b) To enter, log onto the WLOS ABC 13 Facebook page at www.facebook.com/News13, and click Like to access the News 13 Fan of the Day Contest online contest entry page located on the Inside News 13 Facebook Tab. Complete the online entry form located on the Inside News 13 Facebook tab with your name, address, email, and birth date in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on February 10, 2014 and shall continue each weekday until such a date the Station determines in its sole and absolute discretion, as announced on-air and posted on the Stations website (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 8:00 a.m. ET each Wednesday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly finalist drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each Wednesday during the Contest Period, three (3) finalists will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries and will be announced during the Stations NOON Newscast on WLOS. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next weekly finalist drawing.
(e) Between Wednesday 1:00 p.m. and Friday 4:00 p.m. ET of each week during the Contest Period, viewers will then have the opportunity to vote on the three (3) finalists located on the Inside News 13 Facebook Tab on the Stations Facebook page. One vote per URL address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook Likes are not considered votes. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(f) Each Friday during the Contest Period, the finalist with the most votes, as determined by the Station, will be deemed the Fan of the Week winner and will be announced during the Stations News 13 at 5PM every Friday. The winner will also be notified by email.
(g) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, duplicate, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be determined each Friday during the Contest Period. Each winner will receive an Im a fan of News 13 T-shirt valued at fifteen dollars ($15).
2. The winners will be notified by email. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 1 business day, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will NOT be selected. In such event, the prize will remain the property of the Station and may be given away at a later date.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
3. For a list of weekly prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by December 31, 2014, and indicate which week.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest,
6. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.