News 13's Marvelous MomWho Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides services to television broadcast station WLOS (the Station), WMYA, Ashley Furniture Homestore, Oil & Vinegar, Wick & Greene Jewelers, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log onto WLOS.com to enter for a chance to win. Click on the Marvelous Mom page under the Contest Link. Fill in your name, nominees name, address, phone number, and birth date in the provided areas and tell us in 100 words or less why your mom deserves to be News 13s Marvelous Mom in the provided area, and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on April 15, 2013, and ends on May 10, 2013. All entries must be received by Station by 11:59p.m.EDT on April 30, 2013 to qualify for the judging. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) On Wednesday May 1, 2013, three finalists will be selected by a panel of 4 judges based on the following criterion: readability (25%), creativity (25%), compelling nature of story (25%), and on-air appeal (25%). Each of the finalists will be featured in a news story on News 13 at 6PM on May 6, 7 or 8, 2013. Then on Friday May 10, 2013, one winner will be selected by a panel of 4 judges based on the following criterion: compelling nature of story (50%) and on-air appeal (50%). Entrants acknowledge that only the winner mom will be eligible to receive a prize. The entrant shall not receive the prize.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. The grand prize winner will receive a preselected dining room set from Ashley Furniture Home Store valued at one-thousand dollars ($1,000), a gift basket from Oil & Vinegar in Biltmore Park valued at one-hundred sixty dollars ($160), and a Center of My Universe Forevermark Diamond Necklace valued at one thousand four hundred dollars ($1,400) from Wick & Greene. The total value of the grand prize is two thousand five hundred sixty dollars ($2,560). The remaining two finalists will each receive a gift basket from Oil & Vinegar valued at sixty dollars ($60).
2. Each finalist and grand prize winner will be notified by phone. The finalists and grand prize winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification. Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The finalists and grand prize winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a finalists cannot be notified within 1 business day or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited and another finalist will be selected. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified with 1 business day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score as determined by the judges.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
3. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by June 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Ashley Furniture Home Store, Oil & Vinegar, Wick & Greene Jewelers, Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.