Mountain State Fair Scratch and Win Official Rules
MOBILE SCRATCH AND WIN
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLOS-TV (the Station), WMYA, The Western North Carolina Agricultural Center (the Sponsor), Imobile, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate family includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per mobile device.
How to Play/Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one instant win per entrant. Entrants may play the game once per day during the Contest Period, up until such date entrant may become an instant winner. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To play/enter, text WNCFAIR to 67336 from your mobile phone. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Alternatively, use a QR code reader (scanner) on your mobile device to link to play. Entrants will then receive an automated text message with a link to the game on the screen of his/her mobile device. Data rates may apply. Entrants will be required to enter his/her email address and verify age before starting the game. The game will indicate the number of matches required to win a prize, and the prize for such game. Text STOP to 67336 to cancel. Text HELP to 67336 for help. Entrants will receive up to 4 messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services.
(c) The contest starts at 8 a.m. EDT on August 25, 2014 and ends on the earlier to occur of (1) when all available prizes have been won, or (2) at 10 p.m. EDT on September 9, 2014 (the Contest Period). Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, mobile device failure, any other electronic malfunction, or if any text message is not received.
(d) The maximum number of instant winners for this contest game is eighty (80). Instant winners will be determined at the time each game is played.
(e) By playing/entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestants information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., the Western North Carolina Agricultural Center and the Station.
1. Up to 80 instant winners will each receive one of the following prizes, as determined at the time the game is played by entrant: up to thirty (30) winners will receive four (4) one-day passes to the Mountain State Fair, which can be used any day from September 5 to September 14, 2014, valued at thirty-two ($32), or up to fifty (50) winners will receive a one (1) one-day pass to the Mountain State Fair, which can be used any day from September 5 to September 14, 2014, valued at eight dollars ($8).
2. Winners will be notified by phone/mobile device. Each winner will receive an email or mobile notification with a prize code/voucher to redeem at the Station. In the event a winner enters an incorrect or invalid email address, then such winners prize will be void. Winners will claim his/her prize in person at Station by September 12, 2014, and will be required to present his/her mobile device or email with the winning prize code/voucher. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner does not claim his/her prize by September 12, 2014, or does not sign the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station or Sponsor.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station or Sponsor(s). The Station or Sponsor(s) have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of players. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
3. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by September 30, 2014.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.