Road Trippin’ Summer Getaway
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area, and are existing users of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLOS-TV (the Station), WMYA, Apple Tree Acura Honda, Tom Johnson Camping Center, Ingles Markets, Bruces Fabulous Foods, Linville Caverns The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log onto WLOS.com to register for a chance to win. Click on the Road Trippin Summer Getaway link section to access the Upickem online contest page. Like the WLOS ABC 13 Facebook page to access the Upickem online entry form. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number and birth date in the provided areas and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on July 29, 2013, and all entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 11, 2013. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) On Monday August 12, 2013, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night stay from August 22, 2013 through August 25, 2013 in a pre-slected 4 person deluxe motorhome at the Tom Johnson Campground in Marion, NC valued at three hundred dollars ($300) , lunch for four including beverage and dessert at Bruces Fabulous Foods, good Monday through Friday during normal business hours valued at forty dollars ($40), a six inch New York cheesecake from Bruces Fabulous Foods valued at twenty-two dollars and fifty cents ($22.50), four (4) tickets to Linville Caverns, valued at thirty dollars ($30) and a $500 gift card from Ingles Markets, subject to Ingles Markets gift card terms and conditions. Total value of each prize is eight hundred and ninety-two dollars and fifty cents ($80).
2. The winner will be notified by phone. The winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification. Before claiming prizes, the winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified with 2 business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
3. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by September 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Apple Tree Acura Honda, Tom Johnson Camping Center, Ingles Markets, Bruces Fabulous Foods, Linville Caverns, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
6. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.