Smoke Detector Saves Asheville Man

Updated: Monday, August 25 2014, 07:18 PM EDT
Smoke Detector Saves Asheville Man story image
A household appliance is to blame for an early morning fire in Asheville. It started around 9:30 a.m. Monday, in the basement of a home on Forest Hill Drive.

More than 40 firefighters responded and when crews arrived on scene they said they saw smoke coming from the house. The cause of the fire was a malfunctioning dehumidifier. 

Fire officials tell News 13 they were able to quickly put out the flames and stop them from spreading to the upper levels of the home.  A man and his two dogs were sleeping inside when the fire started. All three of them were able to escape without any injuries.  The fire department said that's because the home had a working smoke detector.   

By: Megan Schiering
Follow Megan on Twitter @mschieringWLOSSmoke Detector Saves Asheville Man
comments powered by Disqus
advertisement
Sponsored content
advertisement