Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
A small family restaurant in Woodfin is closed after being damaged by fire. The owners of Nick's Grill say they're lucky because a long-time customer spotted the fire and called for help.
Surveillance video from inside the restaurant shows the kitchen begin to fill up with smoke, then a short time later fire breaks in the fryer. Owner George Tsiros says he's not sure if a worker left it on or if there was a malfunction. After looking at the aftermath, Tsiros says he is thankful that there is only minimal damage and he appreciates the support he's been getting from the community.
As soon as authorities say it is safe, Nick's Grill will make the necessary repairs and reopen as quickly as possible.
By Megan SchieringFollow Megan on Twitter @MSchieringWLOS
Terms & Conditions
Contact WLOS News13
Sinclair Digital Solutions
FCC Public File
EEO Public File Report
c 2014, WLOS ABC 13 | Portions are Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.
WLOS News 13 provides local news, weather forecasts, traffic updates, notices of events and items of interest in the community, sports and entertainment programming for Asheville, NC and nearby towns and communities in Western North Carolina and the Upstate of South Carolina, including the counties of Buncombe, Henderson, Rutherford, Haywood, Polk, Transylvania, McDowell, Mitchell, Madison, Yancey, Jackson, Swain, Macon, Graham, Spartanburg, Greenville, Anderson, Union, Pickens, Oconee, Laurens, Greenwood, Abbeville and also Biltmore Forest, Woodfin, Leicester, Black Mountain, Montreat, Arden, Weaverville, Hendersonville, Etowah, Flat Rock, Mills River, Waynesville, Maggie Valley, Canton, Clyde, Franklin, Cullowhee, Sylva, Cherokee, Marion, Old Fort, Forest City, Lake Lure, Bat Cave, Spindale, Spruce Pine, Bakersville, Burnsville, Tryon, Columbus, Marshall, Mars Hill, Brevard, Bryson City, Cashiers, Greer, Landrum, Clemson, Gaffney, and Easley.