Top Stories
 
text size

Asheville Apartment Fire

Updated: Friday, March 8 2013, 04:02 PM EST

A late morning condo fire sends one to the hospital and displaces four families. Flames erupted on the 400 block of Windswept Drive near downtown Asheville.


In a upstairs unit where the fire began, rescuers found a woman trapped inside. They managed to pull her from the flames and into a waiting ambulance. Her name and condition haven't been released. 


Residents home when the flames broke out escaped in just their pajamas. Some in such disbelief they took cell phones pictures to prove it's real.


As for what sparked the flames, firefighters are not sure just yet. The Red Cross has been here assisting families displaced by the fire. We're told they won't be able to return here tonight.
.

Asheville Apartment Fire


Advertise with us!
 
Advertise with us!