Fatal Bryson City Fire
Updated: Monday, January 7 2013, 04:19 PM EST
A Bryson City man was killed in a house fire on Arlington Avenue over the weekend. The blaze is believed to have been started by faulty wiring in a Christmas tree.
A family friend says 59-year-old Estal Hoyle had just returned from visiting one of his sons in Charleston. Firefighters got the call around 5 p.m. Sunday and arrived to find the wooden two-story house fully involved.
Hoyle's son and a friend managed to get his father out of the building. The son attempted CPR, but it was too late.
Hoyle is survived by four children including three sons and a daughter. He was also a veteran.
By Frank Kracher
Follow Frank on Twitter @FrankKracher