Where To Spend New Year's Eve
Updated: Monday, December 31 2012, 02:04 PM EST
Celebrate the arrival of 2013 by checking out these fun options around Western North Carolina:
Marion New Year's Eve Celebration
Main Street, Marion
- Events will center around the Courthouse area at 9 p.m. At midnight, the annual "Gold Nugget" drop will take place.
Brasstown New Year's Eve Celebration & Opossum Drop
- A New Year's Eve Opossum drop attracts thousands of people to Brasstown. During past drops, the possum was suspended in a see-through box covered with tinsel and lowered to the ground at midnight. After a controversial ruling by a judge, the even organizer plans to use a stuffed animal or maybe road kill this year instead of a live opossum. Festivities start at 10 p.m. Pre-show warm up provided by the Barker Bros. at 8:45 p.m. This is a non-alcoholic family event. Visit www.clayscorner.com/ for more info.
New Year's Eve Celebration At Harrah's Cherokee Casino
- Everyone is invited to experience a New Year's Eve celebration to remember as Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort celebrates the arrival of 2013 with fun, fun and more fun. The evening will feature live entertainment at multiple locations throughout the casino and hotel, including an exciting performance by Bella Electric Strings who have rocked audiences worldwide. Guests can also experience much of the New Year's Eve festivities in ESSENCE Lounge from 8pm until 2am. The band Final Say and DJ Paul Gallo with Go-Go Dancers will kick off an incredible night featuring your favorite songs from the past five decades.
Tressa's Downtown Jazz and Blues
- Dance all night at their New Year's Eve All Star Jam with Asheville's finest Blues, R&B, Funk, Motown & more. Complimentary champagne fountains on both floors. Party favors, midnight toast, balloon drop and soul food buffet. Club opens at 8 p.m., show starts at 9:30 p.m.
- Located in downtown Asheville, Pack's Tavern has a New Year's Eve buffet dinner menu upstairs in their Century Room that includes their Pack's Countdown to NYE Bash with DJs, hats, toppers, Champagne toast, and more. Three floors, three bars. Click here for more info.
Asheville Wine Experience at Hotel Indigo
- Ten courses, ten wines, ten musical illustrations on the tenth floor of the Hotel Indigo, overlooking downtown. Celebrated Chef Denny Trantham and wine expert Kevin Schwartz join jazz vibraphonist Paul Babelay. Starts at 8 p.m. with champagne toasts at midnight. $150/person. Click here for more info.
New Years Celebration Package at Laughing Heart Lodge
- Located in Hot Springs, have with dinner with live piano music, followed by dancing, sing-along, champagne toast in the Lodge’s Chapel. New Year's breakfast and late check-out.
New Year's Celebrations at Grove Park Inn
- The New Year arrives with parties, dancing, champagne and party favors throughout the resort. Their “Classic New Year’s Package” brings in the new year in the best of the old-world traditional style, with Big Band melodies from the Doug Burns Band and a large dance floor to waltz and foxtrot the night away. If a blowout event is more your style, the “Big Blast Party Package” gives you a night of fantastic modern and party music from Big Blast and the Party Masters to bring in 2013 with a bang.
Grand Opening New Year’s Eve Hootenanny at Oskar Blues Brewery
- Located in Brevard, Celebrate the opening of the new brewery with special release beers made with local Riverbend Malthouse Malts, live music from The Foxfire, Pisgah Pickers with Jeff Sipe, and a rare reunion of famed rock band Jupiter Coyote. Local food trucks include: Lowdown Southern Soul Food & Tin Can Pizzeria, $15 cover charge. Click here for more info.
Orange Peel Concert
- Emancipator with a style of clean production, silky melodies and addictive drums. Dance to it, chill out to it, immerse your mind in it. Show starts at 10 p.m. Click here for more info.
New Years Eve Masquerade Furball
- Ring in the new year in style at this fundraiser for Brother Wolf Animal Rescue from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Celine and Company “On Broadway” in downtown Asheville. This fabulous evening includes heavy appetizers, open bar, music, local entertainment, silent auction, and door prizes. Tickets are $75 each, $140 per couple. Dress is semi-formal. Wear a stylish mask, or one will be provided at the door. All proceeds benefit homeless animals. Click here for more info.
The Grey Eagle Live Music
- New Years Eve with Hackensaw Boys, Danny Barnes & Woody Pines. Located near downtown Asheville, Grey Eagle is a mid-sized music hall & listening room. Click here for more info.
Old Farmer's Ball New Year's Eve Contra Dance
- Enjoy an evening of social dancing ideally suited for beings of different backgrounds to contra to the other-worldly, yet traditional, sounds of Perpetual eMotion. Bring your favorite dish to share. Appetizers and beverage will be available. Warren Wilson College. 8 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. Click here for more info.
- This downtown Asheville club plays the top pop, hip-hop and euro dance music. With over 4500 square feet of space, two full bars and a fully equipped dj booth, they can give 600 people a great time. Click here for more info.
Gove House New Year's Even Party
Doors open at 8 p.m
Grove House Entertainment Complex
11 Grove Street, Downtown Asheville
- The Grove House Entertainment Complex invites you to come celebrate New Year's Eve in style with incredible decor' and the best music and dance floor Asheville has to offer. Don't miss the $1,000 Balloon Drop and Champagne Toast where $25 gives you access to the entire Grove House Complex (Club 11, Scandals Nightclub, Boiler Room) and includes complimentary hors 'd oeuvres and party favors! The Grove House, with its individual venues, is sure to please everyone's unique taste and music genre and will bring in 2012 with a party you'll never forget! Doors open at 8 p.m. Call (828) 505-1612 or thegrovehouse.com.
RomanticAsheville.com has many more New Year's Eve events.
Also, don't forget to check out our Community Events!