Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLOS-TV (the “Station), WMYA, Asheville Furniture Showcase, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log on to www.WLOS.com to register for a chance to win. Click on the Weather Shots page located on the Weather page. Fill in your full name, e-mail address, and captcha in the provided areas and upload your weather picture to the Weather Gallery, and click submit. Limit one (1) digital picture in .jpg format up to 100K in size,
(c) By entering entrants represent that they own all rights to the picture, the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software, the picture does not violate the rights of any third parties, and agree to the Station’s terms and conditions located at http://www.wlos.com/sections/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry
(d) The contest starts on January 2, 2012, and all entries must be received by Station by 11:59p.m. EDT on March 29, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Each Monday through Thursday during the Contest Period, one (1) pre-qualifier and their picture will be selected by the Station based on quality (50%) and relevance to weather or nature (50%), to be featured in the 6PM Newscast. Each Friday during the Contest Period and ending March 30, 2012, one (1) qualifier will be selected by the Station as the “Weather Shot of the Week” and will again be featured in the 6PM Newscast. On Monday April 2, 2012, one grand prize winner will be chosen by random drawing from among all valid qualifiers.
(f) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Fifty-two (52) pre-qualifiers will be selected. Each pre-qualifier’s picture and name will be featured in the 6PM Newscast on the day it was selected. Thirteen (13) qualifiers will be chosen. Each qualifier will be featured in the Friday 6PM newscast of the week and receive an 8X10 framed copy of their picture valued at thirty dollars ($30). A second 8X10 framed copy of each qualifier’s picture will also be displayed at Asheville Furniture Showcase located in Asheville. One (1) grand prize winner will be chosen. The grand prize winner will receive a sofa valued up to $1,000 from Asheville Furniture Showcase. The winner will chose a sofa from a variety of sofas pre-selected by Asheville Furniture Showcase. The grand prize winner is responsible for the delivery fee.
2. Pre-qualifiers, qualifiers, and the grand prize winner will be notified by e-mail. Qualifiers, and the grand prize winner must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification. Before claiming prizes, Qualifiers, and the grand prize winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Qualifiers, and the grand prize winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a qualifier cannot be notified within 2 business days of being selected, or does not sign and return the release, then the the prize will be forfeited. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified within 2 business days of being selected, or does not sign and return the release, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifiers.
2. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
3. The qualifiers and winner are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
3. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive, Asheville, NC 28803 by April 30, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Asheville Furniture Showcase, accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.