Email List

Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Smoke Detector Saves Asheville Man

A household appliance is to blame for an early morning fire in Asheville. It started around 9:30 a.m. Monday, in the basement of a home on Forest Hill Drive.

More than 40 firefighters responded and when crews arrived on scene they said they saw smoke coming from the house. The cause of the fire was a malfunctioning dehumidifier. 

Fire officials tell News 13 they were able to quickly put out the flames and stop them from spreading to the upper levels of the home.  A man and his two dogs were sleeping inside when the fire started. All three of them were able to escape without any injuries.  The fire department said that's because the home had a working smoke detector.   

By: Megan Schiering
Follow Megan on Twitter @mschieringWLOS

 



6:00PM News 13 @ 6
6:30PM ABC World News
7:00PM Wheel of Fortune
7:30PM Jeopardy
8:00PM The Bachelor
10:00PM Castle
11:00PM News 13 Tonight

Complete Schedule »