A small fire leads to a quick evacuation at an Asheville apartment complex. It happened Friday morning on Atkinson Street, at Hillcrest Apartments. Firefighters say a mattress in a unit on the second floor caught fire. Crews were able to quickly contain the fire.
"There were flames and smoke coming out of a window in the front. They were able to extinguish the fire, and when we got here all the occupants were already out of the apartment," says Captain Mike Quinones with Asheville Fire Department.
Firefighters say no one was injured.