Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Hotel Deaths Investigation

Now to continuing coverage of the deaths of three people that happened in the same room at the Best Western Hotel in Boone.

Today, officials focused on the pool and equipment to see if they were a factor in the deaths.

An elderly couple died in April, over the weekend an 11-year-old boy died and his mother was found unconscious.

All stayed in a room directly above the equipment room near the pool.

County health officials say they found ventilation problems in the equipment room just weeks before the first deaths.

The State Board of Licensing and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission were there today.

Boone authorities say they did not test for carbon monoxide while investigating the boy's death.   

Jimmy Isaac, Boone Fire Chief, "when we arrived on the scene, the room was warm. By the time we got into the room, we had opened the windows. The door was open and we were in there for an extended period of time, and we did not have the equipment on scene."

The hotel remains closed to guests for the time being.

 



6:00PM News 13 @ 6
6:30PM ABC World News
7:00PM Wheel of Fortune
7:30PM Jeopardy
8:00PM Grey's Anatomy
9:00PM Grey's Anatomy
10:00PM Black Box
11:00PM News 13 Tonight

Complete Schedule »