Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Push for Change after Child Dies

State lawmakers are pushing for change after carbon monoxide kills an 11-year-old boy.

Jeffrey Williams was laid to rest last weekend in Rock Hill.

Last Saturday, Williams died in a room at the Best Western hotel in Boone after being exposed to carbon monoxide from a pool heater below the room.

Two months ago, an elederly couple died after staying in the same room.

Some North Carolina lawmakers say the state should consider requiring hotels to install carbon monoxide alarms.

Rep. Ralph Norman, (R) York County, "it's just sad, I mean aside from the whys, it's just something that could be avoided."

Rep. Becky Carney, (D) Mecklenburg County, "hoping we can get some sort of study commission put together during this interim, and come back next year and discuss the recommendations."

South Carolina lawmakers have already passed a bill requiring carbon monoxide detectors in homes, hotels, and dorms.

Related Links
3rd Suspicious Death at Local Hotel
Hotel Death Investigation

 



6:00PM News 13 @ 6
6:30PM ABC World News
7:00PM Wheel of Fortune
7:30PM Jeopardy
8:00PM Black Box
9:00PM Rookie Blue
10:00PM NY Med
11:00PM News 13 Tonight

Complete Schedule »