WLOS ABC13 - Search Results
Grove Park Inn Evacuated
Guests at The Grove Park Inn have been evacuated after smoke was reported in one of its hallways. The Asheville Fire Department is on scene investigating the situation. Firefighters believe there may be some type of electrical issue with the exhaust fans for the Grand Hall fireplace.
The Grove Park issued the following statement:
"At 6:23pm the smoke alarm in the Main Inn sounded and our Loss Prevention team was dispatched. Smoke was indeed found to be present in the Main Inn atrium area.
To insure the safety and well-being of our guests and associates, our Loss Prevention team fully evacuated the Main Inn, the Great Hall, and the Sunset Terrace.
The Asheville Fire Department arrived quickly and completed a full investigation. They identified the culprit of the smoke as a small malfunction within the chimney of the north fireplace.
The fire in the north fireplace was extinguished and the issue corrected by our Engineering team, without injury or damage.
All guests returned to the Main Inn at 8:15pm and there are no further issues."