Fatal RV Fire
An inferno inside a motor home takes the life of a Henderson County woman. Family members of Tammy Zukas say she perished in the fire early Friday morning. Deputies have not confirmed the identity of the deceased.
Firefighters say the motor home was fully involved with flames when they arrived around 1 am The motor home was made out fiberglass and foam with light paneling.
Family members say they knew Tammy Zukas was using a portable heater to stay warm. Investigators found it in the rubble, and they say its a possibility its to blame for the fire. Family members say Zukas was staying in the motor home temporarily. They say she liked her privacy, and she was happy there. They hope this tragedy will help people understand the danger of space heaters in a confined space.
Deputies say theres no evidence of foul play. They have sent the remains to the medical examiner for positive identification.