Students Arrested Over Marijuana Brownies
An Owen High School student is arrested and several others suspended after eating brownies, reportedly laced with marijuana.
The principal tells News 13, one student brought the brownies to school and shared them with his friends. That student was arrested after authorities found marijuana inside his vehicle, on school grounds.
This incident occurred last Thursday and involved five students.
Several of these boys ingested the brownies and became ill, they were suspended.
Law enforcement was immediately made aware of the situation, soon after, arresting the young man who brought the brownies to school.
Principal Meg Turner says the students initially said they had food poisoning.
The students later admitted they were aware the brownies contained drugs. The brownies were not tested for the drug, so it's not completely clear what was inside the brownies.
Principal Turner advised parents of this incident in what's called an "all call" Sunday evening, which can also be found on the school's website and Facebook page.