Help Needed For Riceville Fire Victims
A fire destroyed a home on Shope Creek Road in the Riceville community.
Firefighters say the blaze started around 9 p.m. Saturday and took hours to put out. Only two trucks could get up to the house because of the icy driveway.
Family members say the residents were putting away Christmas decorations in the attic when something electrical sparked the fire.
Officials say seven people were displaced, but no one was injured.
The Red Cross is assisting the family, and donations will be collected for them at the Riceville Fire Department.
The Riceville Volunteer Fire Department is collecting clothing for the victims of the Shope Creek fire. Sizes needed are as follows:
Adult Man - shirt 2XLarge / pants 44"w 32"L / shoe mens 13
Adult Man - shirt Large-XL / pants 36"w 30"L / shoe mens 10
Adult Woman - shirt M-L / pants womens 9 / shoe womens 6
Girls - shirt M (7-8) / pants girls 10 / shoe girls 2.5
Infant girl - 12 months/ shoe size 2 / size 5-6 diaper
The Riceville Fire Department will be the drop off point:
2251 Riceville Rd
Asheville, NC 28805